PLAYED OUT in 2015!
Fashion trends come and go and you always hear of things that’s considered “In” this yr and things that are no longer hip, cool, trendy, fashionable or “on fleek” lol Its a new year and there is something that needs to stay in 2014 never to resurface again.
Its played out, not cute, no longer trendy, cool or hip: Trying to be in a relationship with dude, bae, hubby, bf boo, before being in a relationship With Christ.
Why? because He is love and when we try to fill that void of love in our hearts with a man before God, we will always come up short, heartbroken, soul scattered and on to the next trying to fill it again. I did for 10 yrs.
Declare with me that this yr will be the beginning of a real relationship with Christ, not a new yr resolution but a new way of life.Its no longer cute trying to get “wifed up” when we don’t even know our God given purpose yet, that trend is played out. 🙁
Your future is so much brighter than your past!!!! Its time to get with the trend, only this one will bring your Single season so much life and abundant blessings! Because if we don’t, we will continue to suffer in the wilderness, always on the outside looking in, out of reach of what God really has for us.
I got to a point to where I had to get with it, had to drop it off in 2014 and let me tell you, now I’m styling for days lol Its gorgeous on this side. Will you join me?
How I did it:
1. I had to be totally honest with self and accept this was not God and not for me ( you can no longer lie to yourself…AT ALL)
- He had no purpose with me or for me and I had yet to know my God given purpose
- I was bound to counting the years. I thought if i could say ” We been together for this many years” then it was something good but really it wasn’t..4 yrs long should have been a clear sign to me that there was no purpose.
- I chose his promise ( yea we gon get married) over God’s promise
- He was a HUGE emotional filler for me
- I was attracted to the family he had and didn’t want to give it up
- His looks had me hooked and kept me bound
- He was saved like me but we were still “unequally yoked”
- I never felt secure or felt that leadership aspect of a man
- Our convictions were not the same so our desires to flee from lust were not the same
- Neither one of us had reached the maturity of womanhood and manhood therefor we should have never even got together ( find out what that means here How to Date as a Christian)
- and so much more ( this list is no way to down this person but clarity for you as the reader. you may be able to relate and be set free)
2. Prayed for strength to physically and emotionally be separated from the relationship and the more I sought after Christ( not just with my mouth but my actions) the more I desired better and to be free. I resisted many urges to call and txt ( was not always successful for awhile, letting my emotions get the best of me, but I got there).Yes I cried ALOT but my tears produced a fight in me that fueled me to want to be set free even more 😀 If a negative soul tie was created, this may be more challenging because when you have sex with a man you naturally yearn to be with him as your souls are tied. (This is why the next man we have sex with should be with our husbands only. I truly understand why God requires us to wait until marriage because a whole bunch of damage happens when we don’t.) Challenging, but not out of Gods power. Is there anything to hard for God? If you want freedom then He will give you the grace to get it.
3. I realized that what God has for me is far better than anything I can give myself. I realized how much God really loves me( meditating on his scripture like its my food and water) and my standards shot to the roof!!!! So now I believe with every cell of me that God is going to bless me BEYOND my highest desires.
Matthew 7:11 ” So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.”
Now I am drama, lust, confusion free, more in tune with my God given purpose and truly enjoying this time alone with God with NO distractions ( no calls, txt, dates, good morning txt, nada lol) If you are going to be in a relationship with Christ you cant cheat on Him 🙂 And I LOVE it, truly learning what intimacy with Christ means.
It took minutes to write this to you but in actuality longer to be set free, all because I was afraid to truly humble myself and say ” God your way is better”. When I reached this point it was like being submerged under water for minutes and finally coming up for air!! If only you knew. Baby girl your freedom is tied to your humility. Realize that He has greatness for you 🙂
Stay Encouraged…Brittany Jones
Being Lonely is not the absence of a man but the absence of purpose
“Before you ask God for another man, take care of Him. If you are not ministering to His needs, and yet you are always before Him asking Him to give you one of His princes to minster to, your prayers are not being heard because you are not being faithful to Him. When you become faithful in your singleness, then you will be better prepared to be faithful with a husband. If you disregard the perfect husband, Jesus, you will certainly disregard the rest” — T.D Jakes